Location: Streatham, London
Salary: £9 per hour
Hours of work: 22 – 55 hours per week
We are looking to employ a Waking Watch Operative to ensure that our client receives a
consistent and excellent level of care.
Your main responsibility will be to assist in ensuring that the site is managed and operated in line
with agreed operating principles to support the achievement of our company goal, and to be
industry leading in service levels to clients and stakeholders.
You will embrace the ‘exceed customer expectations’ philosophy of SOS Security.
Shift 1: Monday – Friday from 07:30am – 19:30pm
Shift 2: Monday – Friday from 19:30pm – 07:30am
Shift 3: Saturday & Sunday from 07:30am – 19:30pm
Shift 4: Saturday & Sunday from 19:30pm – 07:30am
- Patrolling the communal areas of the building in order to identify the occurrence of any fire in
communal areas and flats.
- Patrol the perimeter of the building, as required, in order to identify and report risk of fire to the
- Inspect corridors and stairwells to ensure they are free from combustible materials and no fire
hazards are being stored.
- Inspect escape routes to ensure they are kept free from obstructions.
- Investigating any cause for concern and/or fire hazards.
- Responding to the presence of fire by raising the alarm with other waking watch personnel and
implementing the fire arrangements evacuation procedure.
- Implementing the evacuation management plan and assisting in the fire evacuation procedure.
- Reporting all incidents in accordance with the company reporting procedure.
- Assisting any fire brigade workers/FRS with any duties they are carrying out at the premises.
About you to be successful in the role, you’ll have the following:
- Great customer service and conflict management skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience as working as a Waking Watch Operative/Fire Marshall.
- Good command of the English language
- Good standard of appearance and record of time keeping
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
We will need:
- Photographic proof of ID – Proof of right to work within the UK
- Able to provide a 5-year minimum checkable history
- First aid qualified is preferred if you do not have it we will train in it.
- We pay monthly, and you will have to go on our payroll system.
Application method: Apply with your CV and covering letter.